Permits and Licensing
- Department of Agriculture - Whether your looking to sell at a farmers market or do large wholesale production, the Department of Agriculture regulates most packaged and wholesale products. You can call (207) 287-3841 for assistance.
- Department of Health and Human Services - Restaurant, Caterers, Food Trucks and Food Carts are regulated by DHHS. You can also call (207) 287-5671 for assistance.
- City of Portland Business Licensing - If you are located in the City of Portland, they have their own licensing and inspection program. You can call (207) 874-8557 for assistance.
- Maine Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations - If you're ready for a liquor license, BABLO is your statewide resource. For assistance you can call (207) 624-7220.
Permitting and Regulatory Assistance
- University of Maine Process Review - Making sure your food product is safe is essential to running a successful business. UMaine provides low cost testing and process review to do just that.
- Uniform Packaging and Labeling Regulation - If you are selling a packages product, labeling is essential to get correct. If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Agriculture at (207) 287-3841.