APPLY FOR A PORTLAND FOODSHED PROJECT SCHOLARSHIP
Win a chance to kickstart your own food business! Fork Food Lab (Pilotworks Portland) and partners are working together to offer scholarships to three food businesses that incorporate local surplus produce into their operations.
Scholarship recipients will receive a five month Basic Membership to Fork Food Lab. This includes:
- Full use of commercial kitchen space
- Storage space
- Mentorship program
- Networking opportunities
- Participation in markets and events
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Food business that use local produce as a significant ingredient are welcome to apply.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY
- Business model that includes sourcing ingredients from local surplus produce
- Business plan detailing how the product(s) will be sourced, produced, marketed, and sold
- Willingness to provide reporting on procurement, process, and business metrics
- Product must be able to be produced with current equipment and licenses at Fork Food Lab –– this excludes alcoholic products, meat products to wholesale, etc.
Scholarship recipients must provide all documents required for membership at Fork Food Lab including:
- Business Licence (estimated cost $150)
- ServSafe Certification (estimated cost $200)
- Insurance (estimated cost $100/month)
After applying you will hear from Fork Food Lab soon!